Wednesday, February 25, 2009
So far I have only been able to get photos of the Lorikeets as the Honeyeaters and Rosella have taken off as soon as I try get a picture.
Note for those who have been asking - The duck family have been spotted in the paddock and dam a few times during the last week.
Have a great day.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
- As a person born in Victoria and living in Queensland it's hard to watch the devastation that is unfolding in areas of both states.
- My heart goes out to all who are affected by these two disasters.
You can donate money to the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal to help those affected by the North and North West Queensland floods.
Call 1800 173 349 and provide your credit card details (24 hours a day)
Visit any Queensland branch of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, NAB, Westpac Bank, ANZ Bank, The Bank of Queensland or Suncorp
Account name: Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal
BSB: 064 013
Account number: 1000 6800
Cheque made payable to ‘The Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal’ and posted to:
Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal
C/O Department of the Premier and Cabinet
PO Box 15185
City East QLD 4002
To donate to the Red Cross State Government Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund:
* Visit www.redcross.org.au
* Phone 1800 811 700
* Any NAB, ANZ, Westpac or Commonwealth Bank branch
* Any Bunnings store
* By direct deposit to the Victorian Bushfire Relief Fund - BSB 082-001, Account number 860-046-797
People wanting to help victims have been asked to give money rather than goods. Donations can be made by calling 13 72 58 or via the Salvation Army website www.salvos.org.au
* All proceeds to the Salvation Army. Donate at any Victorian Myer store.
To find out about donating blood go to www.redcross.org.au
- I love a sunburnt country,
- A land of sweeping plains,
- Of ragged mountain ranges,
- Of drought and flooding rains.
- I love her far horizons,
- I love her jewel-sea,
- Her beauty and her terror
- The wide brown land for me!
- Second verse of My Country by Dorothea McKellar
Sunday, February 1, 2009
As I said in my last post we were going in the boat for two nights. We met up with friends out on the water and had a lovely time even though it rained quite a bit Sunday afternoon and evening.
Here is our Australia Day sunrise.....
and our Australia Day breakfast.....
Here are a couple of pelicans we met along the way.....
This week (26th jan - 2nd Feb) we've been in the New Moon phase. I planted a new lot of lettuce and silverbeet seedlings.
In our backyard we've had a lot of sun, rain and humidity, while my relatives in Victoria have been coping with the heatwave.
Cleaning my insides.....
I am still "almost" clear of dermatitis :-) I had a visit with the naturopath on Tuesday and am now doing a bowel cleanse for 10 days. I am using my rebounder every day and the body seems to be toning up.
We recently put a terracotta tray up on a fence post. This gives me somewhere to put food scraps out for the birds, and keeps any visitors safe from our dog and cat. They never harm the birds but they do tend to chase them out of the house yard. So far I have only seen a few magpies and a couple of sulfur-crested cockatoos enjoying the scraps.
Have a great day.