Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Greening My Insides #6




The Green Your Insides Challenge is about greening your home, and paying attention to what you put on your body, in your body, and around your body.






Dermatitis Update....
I am happy to say "I am almost clear of dermatitis at the moment" :-)
My naturopath and I are both very impressed as we knew the holiday season would put a lot of temptation in front of me.

I was already avoiding sugar and dairy foods, and the testing we'd done before Christmas gave me a list of other things to try avoid....
Food: Corn, bakers yeast, egg yolk, lettuce, sweet potato, wheat & yogurt.
Environment: Cabmium, chromium, nickel, parasites & tin.

I found dairy, sugar and wheat the hardest to avoid as they are in so many yummy foods.

Most the time I was good, but there were times when I just couldn't resist.
I made up for the bad stuff by drinking more water ;-)

Water....
During every visit to the naturopath he has stressed the importance of drinking water.

We are on tank water here so we carried our own water for the trip to avoid the chemicals.... and the unpleasant taste in some town water supplies. When that ran out we bought containers of water and decanted it into our smaller bottles.

Since arriving home we have installed a Brita On Tap filter in the kitchen to avoid the parasites that can be associated with tank water.


How much water is enough? For me, it's around 1.8lts per day.
Click here to learn How Much Water Is Enough for you.

Exercise....
The next step in my life style change is exercise. The naturopath recommended getting a rebounder (mini trampoline) as it's much cheaper than a gym membership and it is gentler on the joints than pounding the pavement.

After reading the leaflet outlining benefits I realised this is going to help Green My Insides as it strengthens the cells by eliminating waste and increases blood flow, helps circulation, oxygenates the blood and brain.... and it's considered aerobic if I exercise more than 20 minutes.

So I picked up a rebounder this morning, then called past the naturopath to pick up an exercise sheet.

Meet my new friend....
Ok, that's enough exercise for today.... I'll get serious tomorrow ;-)

Have a great day.

--
BevB

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey I want one of those ...humm maybe not I would probably knock myself unconcious on our low ceilings LOL

He Bev I'm tagging you. The tag rules are on my blog (plus my tag answers if your interested ;) )I don't want to clutter your Comment section with them.