Friday, January 23, 2009

Rebounding for your health

I have been reading more and more benefits of rebounding. I am beginning to think I should have thrown more money at this idea rather than buying the cheapest rebounder I could find ;-)

So far I have been doing 5 mins of Health Bounce, 5 mins of Rebound Walking then another 5 mins of Health bounce each morning while I watch a segment on Sunrise. I usually time it so I catch the news and weather. The morning shows are great for exercising to as they have the time right there on the screen :-)

The Health Bounce is so easy….
Standing with your knees relaxed and feet slightly apart, hands on hips, bounce up and down without taking your feet off the trampoline surface.

Rebound Walking is easy too….
In the center of your rebounder begin a walking in place movement, moving your arms back and forth.


I am also doing 2 minutes of the Rebound Bounce whenever I feel the urge since I read this.....
It takes only two minutes of rebounding to flush the entire lymphatic system, while cleansing and strengthening cells and lymph nodes. A further benefit to the body is that during this brief time span the white blood cells of the immune system triple in number and remain elevated for an hour.
Click here to read the full article

According to N.A.S.A. rebounding is 68% more effective than jogging! Some of the benefits I've been reading about online include....

Lowers blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels
Provides a zero impact calorie blasting workout
Helps you breathe better with increased cardio-respiratory function
Promotes better bone health
Aids in cleansing the lymphatic system of toxins
Improves digestion and elimination of cellular waste
Help your skin look years younger without makeup
Relieves constipation
Strengthens immune system
Reduces stress
Improves posture
Can help reverse heart disease.
Increase your libido
Helps Arthritis
Anti-aging benefits
Improves vision
Diminishes varicose and spider veins
Strengthens muscles

It almost seems like whatever ailment you have, bouncing on a rebounder can help.

Have a great day.

BevB

1 comment:

Tania said...

Thanks for this bit of interesting information.

Might need to try some rebounding for myself.

Tania