Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm back :-)

Our Holiday....
Hubby and I usually go camping, boating & fishing with friends on a local island after Christmas, but the weather forecast wasn't good this year so we decided to go to Plan B, a road trip.
In the early hours of Boxing Day we got in the car and headed to Victoria to surprise visit my three sisters, one brother and their families as well as some old friends, in Melbourne, Geelong, Colac and Maffra.

It was lovely to catch up with everyone :-)

Here are some pics I took in one sister's garden....




Rainfall 24th Dec 08 to 9th Jan 09 ....
When we arrived home on 9th January there was 116mm in the rain gauge.
We'd had a good shower of rain Christmas Eve but I forgot to check the gauge Christmas Day so it is included in the above reading.


Vegetables....
It's amazing what happens to a neglected veggie patch during two weeks of sun & rain!
I came home to weeds taller than veggies, over ripe corn and beans, lettuces that had gone to seed and pak choy full of bug holes.

Here's how the veggie patch looked when we arrived home.....

Bed 1 -

Bed 2 -

Bed 3 -

I have spent some time in the patch each day this week pulling weeds and plants that aren't salvagable. This morning I picked some ripe tomatoes and a capsicum.

Have a great day.

--
BevB

6 comments:

Tania said...

Welcome back Bev, sounds like you had a great time on your trip away.

Tania

Teena said...

Welcome back Bev. Those pics are just beautiful. Am curious though...any sign of the duck family since you have been back?
xoxoxo

Lee said...

I love the photo of the honey eaters!

Unknown said...

YEA Welcome Back :D

I love the pics thanks for shareing. I wish I could have a garden that big :P. I'm so Jealous :D

BevB said...

Hi Tania, Teena, dagarja & April,
Thanks for dropping by :-)

Re: The duck family
I haven't spotted them for quite awhile now. The ducklings will be quite grown up now.

Anonymous said...

Great veg! All we managed up here, until the recent rains, was beans (many) and those peppers you sent me. You know, the one you couldn't kill with an axe AND flamethrower.