Friday, April 3, 2009

Lamb's Fry, Bacon & Onion in Gravy with Mash....

With the weather cooling down a little this week it was time to cook a heartier meal than usual so I decided to make an old favourite.... ok, it's not everyone's favourite, but everyone in this household loves it :-)

Lamb's Fry, Bacon & Onion in Gravy

Slice up a good size onion and lightly fry in a little olive oil

Add some chopped up bacon (3-4 rashers with all fat trimmed off) and lightly fry

Set the onion and bacon aside.
Coat slices of lamb's fry with flour and fry briefly in batches. I turn the slices as soon as the blood starts to show, then set aside when the blood shows on the other side.

Add some Gravox (gravy mix) to the leftover flour and enough water to make a gravy.

Return the lambs fry, bacon and onion to the pan, cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
If your frypan doesn't have a lid put it into a saucepan.
We love it served with mashed potato. You can serve with other vegetables if desired.

Leftovers are delicious on toast the next day.

I haven't included quantities as I just add what I have at the time.
If you need quantities do a Google search for Lambs Fry and you will find plenty of recipes.

Have a great day.

--
BevB

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my favourites,but not everyone's as you mentioned.

Unknown said...

I meant one of my favourites Bev..