Thursday, April 9, 2009

Choko Vine update

Last October I posted this picture of the White Choko vine.....

It has really taken off and I had noticed it flowering recently, then last weekend I was shocked to see there was good sized fruit on it.....

This morning I picked these.....

Hubby loves them, but I find them a bit tasteless. I've only eaten green chokos.... maybe the white variety have more flavour?

I have been surprised how well this vine is growing as I have tried to grow green chokos many times without success.

If you have a favourite choko recipe, now would be a great time for you to share it with me :-)


Yesterday morning the feed tray was visited by a couple of Galahs.....


Have a happy and safe Easter break.

--
BevB

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Bev.You should be proud do not think I have ever tasted Choko's.

Nicole said...

Hi Bev
Just wondering where you obtained your choko seeds from?

BevB said...

Thanks Mary,
When you come up here for your next holiday I will be sure to feed you some :-)

Hi Nicole,
A friend gave me a choko that had started to sprout.

--
BevB