Sunday, November 9, 2008

More rain.... and bugs!

My garden has been watered again overnight. Another 15mm in the rain gauge this morning :-)

I have found a lot of grasshoppers in my veggie patch lately....
and my brassicas have been visited by many cabbage moths....
which leads to lots of these fellows!

There are good bugs too. Lots of these Transverse ladybirds which are predators of soft-bodied insects such as aphids.and Fungus-eating Ladybirds which feed on fungus & black mold.
The eggplant bushes show bug damage, but are flowering and starting to produce fruit :-)
The gardenia bush is starting to flower

Have a great day.

--
BevB

1 comment:

Teena said...

Hi Bev, just went for a quick walk around the yard myself... bugs galore, i got heaps of rain here too, must get a gauge to measure it, but wasnt it such an uncomfortable night of humidity last night though?
xoxox