Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Growing Challenge #4


The Growing Challenge -
Grow one additional type of fruit or vegetable than you did last year, and grow it from seed.








During the past week I have been clearing the veggie patch of plants that have finished producing or gone to seed. The wet weather ruined the squash, zucchini & pumpkin so I will have to start fresh in that area.


Progress report....
The Sebago Potatoes are flowering....

and I am picking 28 spotted ladybirds off them daily!

The corn will soon be taller than me!


Moon planting....
New Moon: a good phase to plant leafy vegetables.
Seeds sown: wombok, pak choy, silverbeet & spinach.

I probably should have waited for the next moon phase, but I also planted out this choko my father-in-law gave me.....

Speaking of the moon.... did you look up last night and see the alignment of Jupiter, Venus and the moon?
It looked like a giant smiley face in the sky!


Have a great day

--
BevB

2 comments:

Teena said...

Wasn't it SPECTACULAR! I tried to take a picture but of course it didnt turn out! The kids insisted on having the blinds open so they could see it whilst (supposedly) going to sleep! The next one in brisbane is in the year 2036! Was so warming to look up in the night sky and see someone smiling at me.
xoxoxox

Grammy said...

That is great you should put the moon picture on sky watch Friday. We had some snow and clouds so we could not see the sky last night. I am going to cover my crop or use buckets to control rain next year if we have another wet summer. I have another Aussie blog I follow where she used raised beds Of roof tin. So I am going to try that too. I have learned allot of new ways from her that we do not use here. You also do things I learn from too. Thank you.
Grammy