Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Morning visitors....

This morning I was drawn outside by the noisy screeching of a large flock of Sulphur-crested Cookatoos.

What a racket they were making as they flew from tree to tree calling out to each other, then as quick as they came, they were gone.

Later, about 10 came back.... some were sitting in the old gum tree....


.... some were on the fence posts.... and some were grabbing the wholemeal bread I had thrown out onto the lawn.

As each one got a piece of bread it would land on top of a fence post to devour it's treat.







Have a great day.

--
BevB

6 comments:

Teena said...

That is awsum Bev!!! What a treat! I use to love watching the skippy's basking and feeding in the afternoon at my last house. Mums and Dads and bubs all feeding and watching out for each other so beautiful to watch. Lucky you!!!
xoxox

Jackdaw Jayne Studios said...

I absolutely adore Parrots (I have two Cockatiels myself) but I would love to see them in the wild. Although, for one heart-stopping moment I may think they were escaped pets... ahh you'd never get me away from watching them... they are so adorable and funny!!

Grammy said...

Oh I so want to be there. I love Cockatoos, I has an Umbrella Cockatoo That was named Merlynn. She was so lovable and fun. I lost her in 2001 from a seizer.
I had lots of parrots. But at this house in the country we can not keep it warm enough so we had to find homes for our other birds. Thank you for putting up the pictures. I love the one of a too on each post.

Tania said...

Hi Bev,

We also have some of these screeching cockatoos at the moment. They are really noisy. I find they tend to be after the acacia seeds on our trees out the front. They have made a mess with the gum trees out at my son's school, leaves and small branches everywhere.

They are great to see though as I don't get many birds visit where I live.

Tania

Margaret's Ramblings said...

Early Christmas guests?

BevB said...

Thanks to all for the lovely comments :-)

Margaret asked - "Early Christmas guests?"
As lovely as these visitors are, I will not be encouraging them to stay as they can do a lot of damage to the timberwork around the house with their large beak.