Friday, December 12, 2008

Growing Challenge #5



The Growing Challenge -
Grow one additional type of fruit or vegetable than you did last year, and grow it from seed.







I have been busy with other things this past week so there hasn't been much activity in my garden.

Progress report....
The corn is now taller than me and is forming some good looking cobs

I caught this predator in the act on a corn plant

I am picking Purple King beans daily

The carrot tops finally seem to be growing. I can only hope the actual carrots are growing as well!
Reminder to self - do not take photos into the sun!

Moon planting....
The pak choy and silverbeet I planted during the New moon have come up.
The carrot and beetroot seeds I planted in November came up, but something demolished them.
Due to being busy I missed the best moon phase this month for planting my next lot of fruit crop.
I guess I will have some bare patches in the garden for awhile :-(

Birds....
One Sulphur-crested Cockatoo has been visiting daily


--
BevB

4 comments:

Margaret's Ramblings said...

I just loved looking at your photos. They remind me that spring is only a few months away on this side of the world. Sometimes it is hard to remember that.

Anonymous said...

Oh your Corn looks great I have started harvesting ours. 3 cobs for tea Thursday night oh so sweet.
Looks like the Sulphur crested might be moving in. Just like our Dave knows a good thing when they see it.
Hugs to you

Grammy said...

The corn looks great I like the color spots on the carrots. And the toos U know I would love to have a yard full of them.

Grammy said...

Just stopped by to day hi.
And send a big hug.
Merry Christmas.