Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Neglected Patch

I've neglected my veggie patch during the summer. The heat and rain of our wet season lead to many failures. All is not lost though as some things have soldiered on despite the lack of attention.

Yesterday I started to clear out the weeds and figure out what's left in my patch.

The capsicums are still producing fruit.....
The leeks are thin, but will still taste goodThe mixed heirloom tomatoes have taken off in every direction
The spring onions and chives are doing well
Plenty of parsley (basil & mint are both fine too - coriander died)
Mixed lettuce seedlings I put in last month are producing well
The silverbeet I put in at the same time have been attacked....
The beans had dried out so I collected some seed. I found some potatoes when I was preparing an old bed
And the carrots I though would never grow had matured while I wasn't watching :-) I pulled some up and left some in the ground.

Yesterday I planted seedlings of watermelon, squash, corn and honeypod peas, and seeds of butternut pumpkin, scarlet runner beans and telephone peas.

Have a great day.

--
BevB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, yellow bullhorn capsicums!

Too damn dry here for much to grow, unfortunately.

BevB said...

Aah, a man who knows his peppers :-)
Thanks for dropping by.

--
BevB