Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Waste not, want not"

Idiom: Wise use of one's resources will keep one from poverty. -- waste not, want not.
This proverbial saying was first recorded in 1772 but had an earlier, even more alliterative version, willful waste makes woeful want (1576).

Inspired by Tania (at Outback blog) I used these 3 things....


to make this frugal scouring dishcloth.


My seed potatoes arrived in the net bag and the cotton has been floating around my cupboard for years so the scouring dishcloth has cost me nothing but a little time. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

I have another net bag from the garlic so I'm off now to start another one.

--
BevB

7 comments:

Tania said...

The cloth looks great Bev.

Tania

BevB said...

Thanks Tania... and thank you for sharing your idea :-)
I just used my scouring dishcloth on a pot hubby overcooked a curry in last night and it works really well. I will definitely be making more of these in the future!
--
BevB

Margo said...

Super idea Bev - if only I could crochet!!!!!!

BevB said...

Hi Margo,
Thanks for stopping by. I just had a quick look at your blogs and they're very interesting. I will be visiting for a serious read soon :-)
--
BevB

Margaret's Ramblings said...

That is brilliant. I would never thought of using the potatoe bag. Clever you.

Margaret

BevB said...

Hi Margaret,
Thanks for stopping by.
--
BevB

Unknown said...

Bev how clever you are getting.
Looks teriffic ...Love Mary