Monday, March 23, 2009

Two Little Lorikeets

These two Rainbow Lorikeets landed on the railing of our front veranda yesterday morning
and they were here again this morning

Moon Planting: March 19th -to 26th - Last Quarter Phase
No planting during this phase so I have been busy weeding, preparing a small no-dig bed for my potatoes and turning the contents of my compost bins.

Recycling: I've set up a worm farm in this Can-O-Worms I was given by a friend who no longer wanted it.... thanks mate :-)
I've put it in a cool spot close to the back door so my wriggly friends will be guaranteed plenty of treats.

Have a great day.

--
BevB

4 comments:

Margaret's Ramblings said...

What delightful visitors you have. We can't put out anything for the birds as we have two cats, one who thinks a bird table is her own personal resturant.

Margaret

Teena said...

Sadly I had to give my worm can away. Poor little wrigglers had to fight off huntsman spiders and then try to survive the extreme heat. They didn't stand a chance. I at least got to use some wee to fertilize though so they are a great idea if you can keep them cool.

xoxoxo

BevB said...

Hi Margaret,
We have a cat but so far he has not tried to access the bird feeder or water bath. Hubby did put them up high and away from any trees so it is harder for the cat to get to them.
--
BevB

BevB said...

Hi CH,
Did the huntsman spiders get inside the worm can? Or just lurking on the outside?
--
BevB