Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Early Morning Stroll & more planting

Around 6:00 am this morning I took my ritual stroll around the patch to check for unwanted bugs. I also took the camera.
I have a few large pots in the veggie patch. The 1st one has Spring Onions & Chives....

The Spring Onions were free, well sort of ;-) I planted the bottoms from some supermarket spring onions and haven't had to buy any since. A couple have gone to flower so I will see if they self seed.

The next two pots have potatoes at various stages....



The tallest ones are supermarket potatoes that had begun the sprout in the cupboard. The other pot contains potatoes that had grown in the garden from the veggie peelings I had buried. They were growing where I had other things growing so I transplanted them.

The 4th pot has a white choko in it.....

I noticed the dwarf butter beans and climbing purple kings are beginning to flower....

so I planted more later in the day.


This is the last of the mandarins....


and the first of the zucchini....

I been reading about moon planting so I'm trying to follow the recommended planting phases. As we are in the first quarter today I have direct sown seeds of the following fruiting crops.... Beans (dwarf Butter & climbing Purple King), Sweet Corn (Terrific F1), Watermelon (Sugar Baby), Pumpkin (Butternut & Golden Nugget), Cucumber (Armenian heirloom), Capsicum (Seven Colour Mix heirloom) and mixed Squash (Sweet 'n' Kwik)

--
BevB




No comments: