Thursday, October 9, 2008

Seeds and Seedlings

Once the decision was made to start the veggie patch I was in a rush to get it going fast. I planted whatever seedlings I could get my hands on at my closest garden centres, and grabbed seeds of everything else. Fortunately a few were organic seeds or heirloom varieties but many were not!



I ordered a copy of Australian Organic Gardening Resource Guide and catalogue from Green Harvest which arrived quickly in the mailbox. Soon I will be putting in an order for some of the heirloom vegetables. The hardest part is deciding which ones to try first :-)

Easy vegetables for beginners - While I was shopping for seeds I saw beetroot, carrots, radish and spring onions available in Yates Seed Tapes and thought what a great idea these are for beginning gardeners or those who hate thinning after seedlings come up.

--
BevB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev I am an avid fan of Green Harvest they are so quick in delivery and nothing is to much trouble for them when I do need to ring them.
I also have great germination rate as well.
Good luck and have fun.