Saturday, October 25, 2008

Growing Challenge #1



I have decided to participate in the Growing Challenge.
Let's see, Rule #1 says to grow one additional fruit or veggie than last year.... well that's easy, I didn't grow any veggies last year :-)
Hang on, the other part of the rule says it has to be from seed.... well I was in a hurry to get the veggie patch underway so I bought a lot of seedlings, but I did grow my beans, radishes, carrots and some of my corn, tomatoes and spring onions from seed.

More recently I've put in some seeds of Watermelon (Sugar Baby), Pumpkin (Butternut & Golden Nugget), Cucumber (Armenian heirloom), Capsicum (Seven Colour Mix heirloom) and mixed Squash (Sweet 'n' Kwik) so I will have to wait and see what comes up and what doesn't. I also put in seed potatoes and sweet potato tubers.



--
BevB - Zone 4 SE Queensland, Australia

5 comments:

Teena said...

Hi Bev, good luck with the challenge! Please contact me (email address is on my profile) regarding an invitation to veiw my blog as I have gone private for a little while and you need an invitation to veiw via your email address.

BevB said...

Hi Teena,
Email on it's way to you.
Have a great weekend.

--
BevB

Melinda said...

Glad you've joined the challenge!

Melinda, One Green Generation

Unknown said...

Hi Bevb thanks for stopping by my blog :D Good luck on your challenge. I'll be growing my veggies in containers next year. Since we moved to NY. I have a tiny backyard and we are renting so I can't rip up the ground for a garden. I can't wait to check back to see how your garden grows :D

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the challenge. I had fun with my first set of plants. I didn't have too much success since I'm a beginning gardener. It is a great feeling though, to watch as something you never grew before grows up from a tiny seed and changes into something you can eat.