Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Not much happening here.....

It rained in the early hours of last Friday. When I checked the gauge early in the morning we'd had a lovely 45mm, then over the weekend another 11mm, so the gardens had a nice watering and the tanks are topped up. We're in a semi-rural area so the tanks are our water supply. It always feels good to know they're nearly full.

Hubby didn't work today so we went into town. We called into Bunnings to get a few things from the tool section. I decided to grab a punnet of mixed lettuce seems most of mine had bolted to seed the last week and I hadn't started any seedlings. I must get more organised!
While we were in the garden section hubby picked up a compost bin for me. He'd noticed me admiring them each time we saw them :-)

I harvested the first of our butter beans this afternoon. Only 6 but they went into the fried rice along with the freshly picked peas, spring onions and baby broccoli (or broccolini).
While I was in the veggie patch I also noticed some of the potatoes are poking up through the straw.

--
BevB

No comments: